Getting Started With Digital Painting Using Krita
Are you interested in dabbling with digital painting but don't know where to begin? Why not try Krita?
Krita is a free open-source digital painting software made for both professionals and newer users. It allows you to paint comics, illustrations, concept art and textures to name a few. Just a simple Google search on Krita will show you some amazing artworks created by people using the free painting software. Thus, mastering this tool can really help you get a headstart on your digital painting career.
In this course, you will get a complete overview of Krita. The course is designed to be concise and easy to understand so that you will be able to master most of its functions in a very short amount of time.
What's in this course?
The course provides a complete overview of Krita.
- You will start by downloading and installing Krita.
- You will learn about all the tools in the user interface that you can use at your disposal as a digital painter.
- You will learn some important shortcut keys that can help speed up your workflow.
- Finally, you will learn some tips and tricks on how to make your digital painting experience more satisfying through using pen and touch tablets.
By the end of this course, you will have an understanding of the complete interface of Krita and the basics of how to approach digital painting.
Who is this course for?
This will be perfect for the absolute beginner of Krita and the world of digital painting in general. The course is designed so that all concepts and tools are explained in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
There are no prerequisites, however, having some passion/interest for digital painting might be beneficial.
What is the expected outcome after the course?
By the end of the course, you can expect to go away and start painting whatever you like in Krita. You will have an understanding of the complete interface and functionality of Krita.
The next steps after completing this course will be to go to the next step and learn the concepts of digital painting in general.
This course will continue to expand as new features get added in or if you feel that I haven't covered an aspect that you would like to learn.
What are the requirements?
- Some passion or interest in digital painting might be beneficial
- A PC or laptop.
- A Pen and Touch Tablet will be advantageous, although not essential.
What am I going to get from this course?
- You will be able to start painting in Krita
- You will become familiar with most of the powerful tools that Krita has to offer
- You will know some useful shortcut keys to speed up your workflow
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in getting started with digital painting
- Anyone wanting to migrate to Krita for digital painting